To send and receive mail by using e-mail client, you need to create a new mail account in it. Here is the necessary informations.
NOTICE! Specific names of IMAP and SMTP servers for your webhosting can be found in email after webhosting establishment or in customer center in detail of particullary webhosting.
Settings of the e-mail accounts
- Outlook 2007 – Select option Tools, Account Settings
- Outlook 2010 – Select option File, Info, Account Settings
Next steps take place in both clients as well
How to set up a new account
After clicking on Creating of new account select tab E-mail and then press button New…
Create new account
In next window select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and continue by pressing Next >
Select a service – E-mail on the Internet
In the next window select the option E-mail on the Internet
Setting up e-mail and Internet
- Name: We choose a display name for e-mail, such as Josef Novak
- E-mail address: The address created in the administration of webhosting, including domain, eg email@example.com
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: Name of the mail server to receive mail.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): Name of the mail server for sending mail.
- Username: Name of e-email address (used as login)
In the settings window of e-mail account open the window Other settings.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as for incoming mail server
Go to the next tab Advanced and set:
- Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) – set port 143
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – set port 465
- Next use this type of encrypted connection: SSL
And save settings by button OK
Continue by pressing Next> and it performs test of the connection
To save your configuration continue by pressing Done.
Note: Some ISPs are blocking other SMTP servers outside of their own. In this case, contact your ISP and request information about the SMTP server for sending mail from your computer.