I wish to create development version of my website, without affecting my main website. My webmaster wants to create a subdomain. Can I use NoLimit webhosting for subdomains?
yes, there are two ways of creating subdomains. As an example, let’s create a development subdomain named dev.wds-test.eu. Feel free to use your subdomain and domain names, just replace the bold parts.
You need to have our default /www/.htaccess file. It can be restored in customer service, using tools.
- available only with one domain – specified by the directory name
- create /www/domains/dev.wds-test.eu directory and save your website into it
- will work only as dev.wds-test.eu
- available with all domains, hosted on web hosting
- create /www/subdom/dev directory, and save your website into it
- same website will work as dev.wds-test.eu, dev.domain2.tld, dev.thirddomain.tld, etc.
- ensure your website is able to work with multiple URL addresses, or at least proceed with a redirect to main URL
Subdomain is showing 500 Internal Server Error
Maybe you did create directories from both mentioned subdomain methods. Choose only one.
I have lost default /www/.htaccess file, can I get it back?
Sure, go to customer service, locate your web hosting, click it, in the left menu go to Tools. There you can use the restore .htaccess button.